If you are running an eCommerce store, how many sales have you made from Instagram in the last two or three months? If none or very few, you need to get strategic about your IG marketing campaign. There is no limit to what you can achieve through Instagram due to the massive number of Instagrammers using the platform every day to find products and services.
With over 500 million Instagrammers using Stories every day, you should work on increasing your views through quality and engaging Stories. This is a massive potential audience that can boost your business by buying from you and sharing your content with their friends. For quicker and more efficient results from your IG marketing campaign, buying views from a trusted site like ours instantly jumpstarts your organic following growth.
From a marketing point of view, competition on Instagram is very high. Many businesses find it difficult to stand out and beat their competitors. For your eCommerce business to start winning, the following are tips you should consider adopting:
1. Optimize Your Bio
The first thing users look at when they open your profile is your bio. Instagram bio can only contain limited information, unlike many other social media platform profiles. The following are the main economic basics you should consider in your bio:
- Add a call-to-action – clearly inform your audience what you want them to do after viewing your profile.
- Include an optimized image – a high-quality image that displays what your business is all about.
- Treat your bio like a value proposition – inform your followers how your business will benefit them.
- Add a link – since you can only include one link in your bio, direct your audience to your sales page or a promotional landing page.
2. Creative Product Display
If you want to increase views on your promotion posts, you need to avoid using Instagram as a conveyor belt for product images. It is okay to advertise your products but the following are the best ways to use Instagram:
- Balance with other content.
- Engaging and valuable content for your audience.
- Creativity in how you display your products.
- Focus on showing how your products are used in real life.
If your posts fail to tick these boxes, you will find your audience losing interest in your content and what you have to offer.
3. Create a Content Calendar
Social media marketing requires you to be frequent and relevant. The best way to achieve this is by automating whichever processes possible. SkedSocial is an example of a tool that enables business owners to automate the process of posting images and videos and schedule other posts for later.
If you want to perform well on Instagram, you should work to a posting schedule. Long periods of inactivity makes your audience gradually lose interest in you. This will eventually harm your business as you continue losing views, likes, and comments on your random posts.
4. Post During Optimal Days/Time
Increasing views, likes, and comments on your posts require you to post content when your audience is most active. This comes from experience gained through posting and monitoring your engagement rates. In terms of frequency, 1-2 times is the most adequate.
5. Identify the Most Suitable Filters for Your Content
Filters have played a major role in the growth of Instagram. Therefore, you should adopt them in your marketing campaign. The right filters can easily help you create a unique vibe and feel to your posts to make you stand out among your close competitors.
Using filters in your photos and videos creates a consistency that helps you catch the eye of your audience. The warm tones and contrasts brought by filters attract random users to your posts hence increasing views, likes and comments.
6. Run Contests and Competitions
People love the chance to outdo others and win something for it. Running contests and competitions is a fool-proof engagement technique that most influencers and businesses are using. You can arrange contests on Instagram in the following ways:
- A fill-in-the-blanks message where you start a sentence and request your followers to fill in with their own ideas and opinions about the subject. To motivate your audience, you can promise to give away a prize to the most creative answer.
- Use Wyng, a marketing software platform for building consumer-engagement and loyalty campaigns, to run unique competitions that promote user-generated content by offering freebies.
- You can run a photo caption competition or “best photo” contests.
7. Cross-Promote Across Various Platforms
Get smart by promoting your business Instagram posts on other social media networks. You can easily share your content on your Facebook page since the two platforms allow direct sharing of content. You can also repost your posts on Twitter and other platforms where you have the opportunity to reach a larger audience.
8. Ask Questions
If you ask your followers questions about your products, they will likely be glad to express their opinions and share their knowledge. Some may make some negative but relevant remarks. You should take them positively and make adjustments if possible to try and satisfy your customers’ needs.
However, your questions should not only be product-related. To build a loyal community on Instagram, you can mix up business with fun. For example, you can ask them how they use your products or what their favorite one-line joke is.
Instagram marketing is more than just uploading loads of epic photos and videos of your products. The tips above are a recipe for success and a smart way to start using IG. They can make your campaign more efficient and help you stand out among your competitors.
Is Instagram good for ecommerce?
Yes. In various ways, the platform has already made generating sales on social media easier -- by leaps and bounds.
What are the most popular filters on Instagram?
Clarendon, Gingham, Juno, Lark and Mayfair.
What is the best time to post on Instagram?
On average, the best time to post on Instagram is between 10 AM and 3 PM CDT. However, the level of engagement you get can change dramatically depending on what day of the week you post.