Social media platforms are an untapped source of beauty advice and makeup hacks. You can find anything from the good, the bad, and the ugly. Instagram hosts thousands of highly competitive and well-performing beauty accounts. Most of them purchase Instagram views to help them keep up with the ever-growing competition for customers. On top of that, they apply various makeup tips that are safe and effective to upgrade beauty looks in their posts. These are Instagram makeup tips you can consider integrating into your brand.
1. Making Glossy Lipstick Look Matters
Begin with moisturized, exfoliated lips before applying some concealer, and then follow up with a glossy lipstick of your choice. You will instantly be wearing a matte version of the same lip color. It is important to note that matte lipstick and dry lips do not mix. You can use a small amount of lip balm for moisturization before applying your lip product.
Most of the makeup brands on Instagram share photos and videos on how to use their lip products. To get more viewers and followers to their profile, they buy likes, views, and comments from reputable sites to stay ahead of the competition.
2. Matching Your Foundation to Your Neck
Do you know how awkward you look with a face color different from the colors on your neck? This is a golden rule every beauty and makeup brand on Instagram aims to adhere to in all their posts. Most people are matching their foundation color to the one in their cheeks which is entirely wrong. An important point to consider during spring is to use less heavy foundations and powders similarly to your facial and body moisturizers.
3. Amplifying Your Eyeshadow Pigments
Dampening your eyeshadow brush a bit makes it swipe on your eyelids with a much more intense and impactful pigment. You can go further and merge it with Spring 2017 beauty trends such as:
- Metallic makeup – it adds an intense shimmer on the lips, a punch of foil on the lids, and a saturated sparkle on the cheekbones as a highlight.
- Graphic eyes – a soft and slightly sheer finish that goes light on shadow on the lid while focusing on the crease. It keeps the eyes looking bright.
- Blush bomb – lightweight gel-cream that gives your cheeks a fresh, healthy, and radiant color.
- Bold lips – a strong color on the lips instantly making you look younger, brighter, and rested.
4. Applying False Eyelashes Easily
Most people face a challenge when trying to apply false eyelash extensions. Some result in a gluey mess and skin reactions from excessive use of glue. Now you can easily apply false eyelashes by applying glue to one strip of the lashes, lightly blow on it and fan it a bit in the air to make it become somewhat dry. It becomes much easier and safer to apply it to your lash line.
5. Layering Your Lip Products
Lip layering is considered a striking way to make primary colors more wearable. When you apply lip balm to exfoliated and smooth lips, they appear fuller and more hydrated. You need to follow the lip balm application with foundation and then apply your favorite lipstick. Unless you use your lip products correctly, you will find it difficult to manage your dry lips. The art of lip layering is the best way to keep your lips hydrated and give you a fabulous look.
6. Refreshing Your Face With Light Eyeliner
A light-colored eyeliner is fabulous for its versatility and many other uses. It creates an illusion of a more wide-awake and brighter looking eye. Swipe on nude or white eyeliner on your lower lash line to give you a more refreshed and awake look. You can also highlight your natural beauty further by working a brown eyeshadow below the liner.
7. Stopping Your Eyes From Watering During a Lash Session
If your eyes tend to start watering in the middle of a lash gluing session, you can simply breathe through your nose as you apply. Watery eyes will instantly streak your concealer, blush, and highlighter making your makeup look into a watercolor mess. Below are other tips you can use to avoid having watery eyes during makeup application:
- Use hypoallergenic makeup if you have an allergic reaction to something in your products.
- Use eye drops without preservatives and that isn’t targeted to redness before applying your makeup.
- Ensure your brushes are clean and your makeup is not expired.
- Tilt your chin up, take a deep calming breath, and look upward. You also need to avoid too much blinking which sends the tears rolling down your cheek.
- Prepare for a tear or two that may escape by keeping a tissue right under your eye to catch it before ruining your makeup.
8. Contour Your Eyes
Contouring is a technique where you sculpt and add a dimension to your face using a slightly darker or lighter makeup than your actual skin color.
- Almond Eyes – you completely cover your lids in a matte brown eyeshadow and then apply a darker eyeshadow in your outer crease.
- Round Eyes – contouring round eyes with dark eyeshadow hues at the center and highlighting the corners with lighter hues.
- Hooded Eyes – you can easily contour hooded eyes by applying dark, matte eyeshadow all over your lids. Ensure you begin with a primer.
9. Using the Following Eyeshadow Color Tricks to Alter the Effect of Your Eye Structure
- Upturned Eyes – minimize the upturned effect by wearing dark eyeshadow on the outer lower corners of your eyes.
- Downturned Eyes – reduce the downturned look in your eyes by wearing lighter eyeshadow colors from the inner eyes to the outer two-thirds of your eyes. Make sure you also highlight the outer edges of your makeup to give your eyes a lift followed by mascara on the upper lashes for the outer two-thirds of your eyes.
- Protruding Eyes – give your eyes a less protruding effect with a light, shimmery eyeshadow on the lids and a darker eyeshadow at the creases. This combination gives your eyes the illusion of more dimension.
By following various Instagram beauty and makeup accounts, you can borrow many tips to help you up your skills in applying makeup.
How do I know what makeup suits me?
Selecting Foundation and Blush. Determine your skin tone by looking at the shade along your jaw line. In the makeup world, there are four basic skin tones: fair, light (or olive), medium, and deep brown. You can determine your skin tone by looking at the skin on your jawline.
What makeup do I apply first?
First, primer goes on. Next, concealer is applied in order to cover flaws and discolorations. Then comes foundation, followed by loose powder in order to keep your makeup in place.
What is the number 1 makeup brand?
L'Oréal tops the list, followed by Gilette, Nivea, Estée Lauder, and Clinique, which make up the top five. They are followed by Guerlain, Shiseido, Pantene, Dove, and Garnier - rounding out the top ten.