How many times have you come across some posts in your Instagram feed that inspires you that you wanted to share with your followers?
Like a post from a friend raising money for a cause or a cute pet or you just want to spread the word about your friend’s brand.. Or you just like your post so much that you want to share it to your Instagram story?
People love Instagram stories. They are a great way to boost engagement and bring more attention to your profile.
These days social media is all about documentation. Where you go, what you eat and drink, who you see, and what’s most memorable: These are the typical fodder of Instagram Stories: seconds-long glimpses of people’s lives, shared on Instagram for only 24 hours.
Instagram describes Stories as something that let’s you “share all the moments of your day, not just the ones you want to keep on your profile”. The feature enables you to share multiple photos and videos, and they appear together in a “slideshow format”, which basically means a reel, like Snapchat.
If you want to share a post to your Instagram story, here are two ways to do it.
How to share an Instagram post to your story from your feed?
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Find the post you want to share on your Instagram story.
- Tap the paper airplane icon.
- Once the menu appear, tap the first option “Add a post to your Instagram story”
- The photo or video post will automatically upload as a story draft. Here you can add text, drawing, strikers or gifs.
- Once you are satisfied with how your story looks like, tap in the bottom left corner “send to” to publish it.
All posts shared to stories display the original poster’s username. When you see a post in someone’s story, you can tap it to check out the original post and see more from the person who created it.
You can only share posts from public accounts. If you don’t want your posts shared to stories by other people, you can easily opt out in settings.
How to share a post to your Instagram story?
If you are not interested in sharing other peoples posts, instead you want to share only your own, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone
- Go to your profile
- Select the plus button on the top right
- Select “Story” , the second option in the “Create new” window
- Take a picture or a video or go to bottom left corner and find the post that you want to share
- Add text, gifs, music, stickers and different colors to it.
- Select “your Story” option on the bottom left corner
If you want to see everyone who saw your story, simply open your story and check out the bottom left corner, there you will see how many of your followers saw your story.
Also don’t forget that you can always add music to your Instagram stories.
Can I delete an Instagram story after I publish it?
You can delete your story on Instagram by deleting individual frames of a story. Once posted, you're not able to edit a photo or video in a story. Once you delete a photo or video in an Instagram story, it will be removed permanently
What happens if I delete a story on Instagram?
Your Instagram Story will now be removed from live. If someone had it open at the time, that copy will not be deleted. When they close that Story or move on, it will no longer be viewable in the app
When you delete a story on Instagram can someone see?
Nobody can see this, so you are safe to delete it if you want.